Monday, November 7

Hulda Crooks

There is this delightful little bit of trail in Loma Linda called Hulda Crooks. I usually call it Hulda Poops, and avoid it at all costs. I was riding there once where i could see two bulldozers making there nasty tracks as they turned the well-packed dirt into a mush of sand and silt. So, i banned myself from the place until yesterday. I have no idea why i actually decided to go there, but i did. I fired up the iPod (thanx girls) and headed on my way, sans HR monitor. I was boycotting starring at the blinking numbers that just mean that i may pass out, or not. I really enjoyed the ride....except....the two dirt bags, i mean dirt bikers, that passed me on a narrow, uphill single track. Then, when i was exiting the lovely park, i feel as if i rode through a drug deal. Serious. There are some shady folk that hang out there.

IMPORTANT NUMBERS OF THE WEEK:
4: Number of parents who stopped by for parent teacher conferences today. I am done at noon? WHAT?
29: Pounds of fat i am lugging around with me. Thats what the fat % counter thing told me. I am going to sever a piece of glute off, narrow it down to about 12.
4: Days i have had the JEEP!!!
20: Weight of the dumb bell i can curl again, just need to get back to the 50's. joke. really.

OTHER STUFF:
I was so extremely fatigued after running two miles with Junior High kids, who, of course, i had to beat, i could not ride on Saturday! My hamstings hurt WORSE than when i did romanian dead lifts, and i just couldn't do it. The most exciting part of the weekend was changing around my room/living room/office/dining room. You see, for those of you who have never been there, it is all ONE ROOM. About 20' X 20'. Take a step to the left - dining room - which is actually situated on the side of my bed, in the bedroom. I sneezed and all the cobwebs fell down, i dropped a sock and i felt crowded and cluttered. I am running out of storage place, and i can't quite store Dozer anywhere. But it does look much better, especially since everything is exposed!

Spin class was delightful and i had 15 in attendance! This is a record high, because everyone usually has a case of the Mondays. Who in their right mind would really want to go to the gym at 5:30 AM to get yelled at my ME?!?! ACtually, i don't yell, but i think i do make them afraid. I perspire A LOT and sometimes i wear bright orange, thank you Jose Ole . They think i am a nut because i actually RIDE a bike.

No kids today, just parents, and none of them have yelled at me....yet.

Tomorrow i actually get to ride my really neat road bike, but at least i have time. Basketball doesn't start until 6pm, so i have "break."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should this column become more of a blog? Tell us what you think
Stewart Kirkpatrick skirkpatrick at scotsman dot com If you want to appear like you're at the cutting edge of net culture but can't be bothered to spend hours online, then never fear.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to instant road repair on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like instant road repair!