Friday, February 26

Wishing upon a star..

One could only hope that it rains this weekend. Why wouldn't it? It's been 70 degrees and clear all week, and now that its time to go out and pound the pavement, bring on the precipitation!! I have yet to race a crit in the rain and I think I am ready. I have raced all other events in the rain: Mountain bike races, road races, cross races, sunday, its crit-in-the-rain time! YES!!! I have been working on my cornering, bumping, and dismounting, so i am pretty sure I am ready. I may even slap on my super-sick fenders, as to not soil my kit too badly.

Rain won't be the worst people are racing in this weekend. Sagebrush is rumored to be a mud pit and Callville is calling for 80% chance of snow for Brian's 90 mile road race tomorrow. Remember, if it doesn't kill you, it just makes you stronger. Or sick and fatigued, tired, worn out, hypothermic, cross-eyed and caloric-deficient due to excessive shivering.

Best of luck guys...all crashes will be scored using Olympic score cards and standards. Focus on form!

PS is Monday a Holiday? I sure wish it was.

2 comments:

Pedal Circles said...

You crack me up!

Whatever doesn't kill us...

Good luck on Sunday!

Shauna said...

yeah, mal can't wait to ride with u. She's always talking about going to crit practice and riding her bike. Since Chase started riding..who knows how it will be there..I'm sure pretty darn dangerous. He's outta control...