- Sunday was the Cal State Championships (a very odd name for an event if you ask me). At this race, it is usually all the same local chicks that show up at Rim Nordics or Fontana races. Nothing too resemblant of the cyclists that this vast state actually holds.
- But, yesterday, we had a few wild cards. Now i am not sure if there is any rule that you actually have to LIVE in California or even be an American citizen to do this race, but if there is, i will be the champion. Although i got worked. Maybe we should show a current electrical bill or something? wait, no. because i don't have one of those either. but you see what i am saying here...could i go to Kansas and race in their state Championship? Not that i would win, but i don't know any MTB racer chicks from Kansas, so i could have a shot.
- Top Block: Adventure racer chick who has done La Ruta (5th overall) - Angela Parra Sierra, from the Country of COLUMBIA
- Second Block: Xterra racer from one of the Scottland - Lesley Paterson, she went running post XC.
- These chicks started FASTER than any cal state i have raced. I wasn't sure who they were and if it was logical idea to stick on their wheels. well, it probably wasn't. But i did for around 15 miles where i got attacked repeatedly. I have never been attacked this much in an XC race and had to play the cat and mouse game. But eventually, the descents would take their toll and the high efforts would take even a greater toll on my body, and i would settle, way....back....into third. I even started getting leg cramps. that is sooooo 2006!! what's the deal!
These girls were a ton of fun! We had a long chat post awards and it seems like one, if not both, will be around this area for even more racing!!