Sunday, October 19

This Photo essay isn't nearly as cool as it was in my mind

Last Sunday I raced in Big Bear at the last Cal State of the season. thank goodness. With temps ranging from 35-50 degrees, i couldn't get back to the car fast enough. That effort, however, put me on the same podium block as usual, 3rd. If i hadn't yard-saled it in the last mile, oh who am i kidding! i still would have been third. Just a little bit closer! i haven't been that cold in months, my body was shaking and my teeth were chattering for three hours!!

With such an event over, the only thing left to do is recover from a long and almost exhausting season.

I kept myself off the bike for 6 days, an ALL TIME RECORD...

Saturday morning, i spun over to the coffee shop (please note the 32 minutes...a bit different than the usual 3+ hours...i had to force myself into the driveway)
to meet up with these work gals and Robert, for Carrie's birthday...(i don't stick out at all...)




Friday found me a bit agro, so i laced up the sneaks and went for a 45 minute trail run. The last time i ran was in.....December. It made my skin itch all over (what's up with that!!!) and i scratched my belly so bad it looks like a Liger got me. Buy me new shoes. My thigh kept bugging me when i was running. And my hip and my knee. Maybe its because they all look like this. Thanks to the non-profit yardsale on the rockiest switchy in the woods last week. Good work...
Back to Saturday. Christie and I went for coffee...my third of the day...
And a Pedicure...
I was even able to go play games with other friends and end up at Thai food with even another group of friends!!

Sunday, i fought the urge to race Cross, and simply watched others race cross. I haven't been that tired in a long time. it's a lot of work to cheer for everyone, and when you lack the adreneline surge, you end up a little flat.


Now, i am at work. About to actually work. This is a new Sunday tradition. I am not sure how i feel about it, but so far i have blogged, checked blogs, made my elbow bleed and drank an entire cup of coffee. It is almost 5pm...time to go home.

1 comment:

Dustin said...

ahh.. world geography. brings back memories