Wednesday, September 8

Wait, did I forget to tell you!?

It was my birthday.

I ate a whole cake.

It was delicious.

If you closely, there is a slight amount of bling near my sick Baby-G watch...


Brian actually kept a secret from me! He is a total jabber-jaw, and I am "into everything" which means I am way too much in the Know. But, alas, we planned a party for his Brother Nich fresh back from Afghanistan. I looked around at the group and thought wow, these are some great people here, and also though oh man, what a killer vibe tonight! DUH!!!!

In a rambling that only a video could capture, Brian asked me to marry him, and I said "what are you doing" and then I said "Yes." :) Pretty awesome stuff.

And no, there is no date yet, and no that does not mean we are engaged to be engaged. That's what 16 year olds do...please. It means we are busy and maybe this weekend over a large salad we will discuss those plans. Or just book a trip to the Giro and celebrate in style...

5 comments:

lunsfordmom said...

Congratulations Joy! What an awesome b-day present! God bless you and your future-hubby!

Meghan said...

yay! the Giro is a great idea. Gary and I scheduled our wedding to be the week before Paris-Roubaix so we could do our honeymoon there. Ha! bike weddings

allison said...

Italy sounds epic!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Was that one of those Rasberry cream cakes from that little cake shop near The Cyclery? Yummo!

Kyia said...

Congrats! Have a blast everyday!