Saturday, March 5

OH, that's RIGHT!

I forgot why my shoulder hurt so bad, then I remembered I got hit by a landscaping truck on Thursday. I should have stopped right then and sold his 3 lawn mowers, because everyone knows he has no insurance or money for that matter. So I rode away. I KNOW! I should have stayed blah blah blah, but I have little time to dilly dally, and you know the Redlands police are SUPER busy checking pot-hole depth and discussing whether or not they should remove the massive palm fronds from middle of the road. No time for smashed cyclists.

It was super weird actually because I got "hit" well a car bumper nicked my calf, like 1:30 earlier doing an illegal u-turn. This guy did an illegal u-turn left infront of me and I just slammed into the side panel at the side-view mirror, poor wheel went under the tire. I am writing this in jest, because its ridiculous, but I really am SUPER lucky that I yelled and he stopped. That could have been bad bad bad!

I didn't want to call Brian, he was doing a big ride. I didn't want to call anyone. So I just went home. And then of course the phone call from Brian. Hey how was your ride? Good. How was yours....oh ya, I got hit by a car...and I think I ruined your wheel....And this is when we knew BMc was a keeper "I don't care about the wheel, I would go buy a whole new set today, as long as you are ok"....aw....So, about that new wheel set..:))

So moral of the story: It's OK to call your significant other in a time of distress..watch out for cars making illegal u-turns (today I saw 7!!!) And even in the daylight, nobody can see my black kit and bike. Sigh...

5 comments:

Tim said...

You need to get your bike powder coated lime green with sparkles like I did. Everyone sees me now. I think they even have glow-in-the-dark powder coatings.

An airhorn might help too!

Julene said...

I like Tim's idea. Any neon color would do. A loud horn. And flashing lights.

But if the idiot is going to do something stupid, probably nothing will work.

I am so glad you are ok!

Unknown said...

I think some sparkling streamers and a flag like they use for four wheeling in the dunes would help! So happy you are ok!

allison said...

Sorry for the bad luck but amusing post none-the-less. I almost got hit twice in one day a few weeks ago. Watch out and be safe! We all know BMc is a keeper for ya!!

Running Bums said...

You guys should add some neon and glow i the dark/reflective stars! I don't want to worry about any of you!